“The submission of one’s will is really the only uniquely personal thing we have to place on God’s altar. The many other things we ‘give’ … are actually the things He has already given or loaned to us.”
~Elder Neal A. Maxwell~

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009






We had Thanksgiving dinner at Dan & Jeanette Pugh's again this year. Jeanette works with Shayne as a nurse in the ER. Seeing how Shayne worked Wednesday night, they graciously had a late dinner, b/c they understand the whole "working at night" thing. :)

They also invite those who don't have family or anywhere else to go...they are here from Pennsylvania and have no extended family as well. So this year Mandy (their 2nd daughter), invited one of the older ladies who is wheel chair bound from the Nursing Home where she works as a CNA. She was a sweet lady and I think loved being around "family". I thought it was pretty awesome Mandy went to all the trouble to bring her to her parents home. It was a such a good experience.

Here are a few other reason's, other than the obvious, why we accepted this invitation:

One: Dan was a chef in his other life...and puts on a GREAT Thanksgiving dinner. He does have help from his girl's and wife. But seriously?! Who would turned down a Thanksgiving dinner from a chef?!

Two: They LOVE The Bug.

Three: They have the craziest dog/lab Chloe who also loves The Bug...and The Bug loves her.

Four: I didn't have to cook.

Five: They are such a great family...and great company.

Six: I didn't have to cook.

So...we accepted and had another great time with the Pugh's.

Chloe entertained us all with her crazy antics.

The food was incredible.

The company was awesome.

It was a good day.

p.s. Don't ask why, but I didn't take a single picture of the incredible dinner! I was slightly distracted by an adorable Bug...as was Jess who is helping him throw the ball to Chloe.

No comments: