“The submission of one’s will is really the only uniquely personal thing we have to place on God’s altar. The many other things we ‘give’ … are actually the things He has already given or loaned to us.”
~Elder Neal A. Maxwell~

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Brigham City Temple Open House



Leave it to Nana to be feeding kids ice cream...she LOVES ice cream.  :)






Have I mentioned Tiny LOVES the water?  And lucky for me, Shancy loves my Tiny Girl.  So glad you think she's cute and adorable Shanc!  Hope you get one someday!





From Iylie's smiling face to Gavin, Braylee, Tiny, Shordy, and Zane...all Price grandkids playing in the water.  :)




Kade, Ashley, Gavin, & Braylee...missing Kallen

You can't really tell but he soaked his shirt.  




Thank you Dana for taking this pic...
Back L-R: Shayne, Kade, Ashley, Ruxton, Dad, Mom, Taggert (baby), Dezi, Trevor, Statlyn (baby), Maestin
Front L-R: Pepper, Zaydri, Kade, Shancy, Zane, Lachlan, Jayvin, Kinzie, Braylee, Holdan, Iylie, Gavin, Addler, Maysi, Austin

Dezi and her cute family...I'm thinking the sun was a little bright.  :)

Yup...obviously bright!

Maysi and her adorable family of boys!

Austin with his boys

My cute family...thanks Kade for taking the pic.  :)



Maysi with her baby, Taggert...such a sweet baby.  







Kinzie showing off her new birthday outfit...love the popped hip.  :)

My parents and two of my siblings live in the temple district of the new Brigham City Temple, so they were able to participate in a lot of the process of the open-house.  And while we were in Idaho we got the chance to go through the temple as well.  My mom was able to to get tickets for pretty much our whole family to go on the same day...and that was fun.  Shancy & Ashley left their little boys (Tiny's age) home so they could help their older kids feel the Spirit and not be distracted by dealing with a yearlin'.  Wish I could have done the same, but it was fine in the end.

Because we were in Ririe, Shayne's dad drove us down to Brigham and came with us through the open house.  Grammy had to work so she couldn't come.  Thankfully b/c it was the middle of the week we didn't have much a line to wait at all...in fact we were able to park in the actual temple parking lot instead of parking a ways away and riding a shuttle to the temple.

It's a smaller temple, but it is incredibly beautiful.  I loved all the peaches that were incorporated into the decor and almost every aspect of the temple.  I especially like the murals in the baptistry...it showed the conversion of the Washakie Indians, and I've always had some sort of affinity and love of the Lamanite people, so I remember this mural particularly.  Sort of reminded of the Mesa Temple, which I spent a lot of time in on my mission which also has some beautiful paintings of the Lamanite people.

No comments: