KayCee and I decided we NEEDED to get new Pond family pics. We looked into a couple different photographers, but the expense was a little more than we liked and we really wanted them to travel to the cabin to take the pics and that was an additional expense. So, we decided I would just give it a try and see how they turned out...and I think they turned out pretty good for an amateur. :)
We got everyone to coordinate a white shirt, b/c we thought that would be easy, and Jonette went shopping for the kids to find them something a little different to stand out. I think everyone looked great!
I'm not real happy with how I look...we hurried back to the cabin after being out on the lake. So, I frantically set up my camera, and found out my battery to the remote was dead. I called the little radioshack back in West Yellowstone, found out they had what I needed and sent Dana and Shayne back into town to get it before they closed. In the meantime I was able to take a VERY quick shower and attempt to get my hair done (not exactly to my liking, but watta ya gonna do?), and get my kids dressed. By the time they made it back I was pretty much ready to go. But, just in the process of making sure I have the right exposure and have everyone positioned where I want them and getting the get kids to look at a camera with no one behind it, I forgot to make sure I was smiling and "looking happy" and non-stressed. It didn't work out so well...but it was a learning process. :)
However, getting behind the camera and taking pics of everyone else was fun and much easier...unless you are trying to get the Pond boys to take a normal pic. I swear I have more pics of one of their butts as they are mooning me, funny faces, tongues sticking out, etc, than I do of a normal pic of them just smiling. I was able to get more good shots of the wiggly grandkids than of the "adult" brothers in a shorter amount of time. Ridiculous. KayCee and Tayler and their mom or dad were easy...so pretty.
Anyway...I think they turned out pretty good. It also helps I have a little sister, Dezi, who went to school and really knows how to edit pics to add a little finesse to the pics after I took them. So while I would like to take all the credit for these beautiful pics, I have to give Dezi a lot of credit for giving them that finished look. Thanks Dez!!















No comments:
Post a Comment