“The submission of one’s will is really the only uniquely personal thing we have to place on God’s altar. The many other things we ‘give’ … are actually the things He has already given or loaned to us.”
~Elder Neal A. Maxwell~

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Kids Buckaroo Rodeo









Ruxton on Duster

Addler on Duster

Ruxton on Duster

Maestin on Duster

Maestin on Duster

Addler on Duster


Maestin on Duster

Ruxton on the barrel, getting on his buddy's horse, and then they rounded the barrel and ran back to the gate (home).

Ruxton on behind his buddy...I can't remember his name.


My sister, Maysi, has 5 boys.  Correction...she has 5 cowboys!  She and her husband farm/ranch and their boys are very much part of the ranch.  Her 3 oldest competed in the Kids Buckaroo Rodeo, so we had to go watch.  They did a bunch of different events, but as you can see from the later pics I didn't have enough light to get very good pics, so I stopped taking them after Ruxton competed in this event...I have no idea what it is called.  I only got pics of Rux, Add, and Maestin each barrel racing.  The other pics are of her youngest little cowboy, Taggert, who is 4 months old there, still in his western attire...and smiling like a champ!  You can also see the one Shordy's age, Holdan, running around in his cowboy hat, boots, and wranglers.

I changed Tiny into a new clean dress, b/c her previous outfit was FILTHY!!  This kid gets dirty like nobody's business!  So, you can imagine how long that nice clean dress stayed nice and clean...not very.  But, she sure was cute in that dress, with her tiny little "Pebbles" pony-tail.  :)

Shordy ran around a bit with Holdan and Gavin, Kade's oldest, but he mostly stuck close to the bleachers.

It was so fun watching those boys compete...they really are little cowboys.  Brings back LOTS of memories of when I was their age, and younger, competing in my own little barrel-racing jackpots.

Fun, Fun!!

No comments: