| Shordy and Zan...the stud horse, who is the best horse on the place. :) |
| Shordy loves Zan...talks about riding him all year long. |
| Shordy riding Zan...all by himself. I don't have a hold of the reins, just walking next to him. |
| See...riding all by himself. What a big boy to be learning how to ride a horse. |
So, this was the Little Britches rodeo. It was full of all kinds of kids competing. Thankfully they had it separated into age-groups, so speedy Gavin was in his own group. :)
It was also full of lots of kids who's parents grew up in Malad, have left, but have come back for the fair week...kinda like me. :)
The pics are taken from my camera, that Kade picked up and took pics for me (thank you!) and from Shayne's camera as well.
Shordy, Holdan, and Braylee all competed together in the "barrel-racing", and then the goat-tail-tie-taking-off'ing. :) Shordy wasn't speedy at all, but he had a great time competing. And, thank you to Maysi for loaning us some cowboy clothes so he could look like Holdan. It was bitter-sweet to see my little boy dressed up like a little cowboy. Sweet because it was so fun to see him dressed as a cowboy, but bitter b/c I know he won't dress like a little cowboy very often...mostly a little fisherman, but that's ok too. :)
I also liked seeing my Tiny girl compete and get a number too. Cute. :)
Then of course, b/c he was all dressed up like a cowboy, we had to catch a horse for him to ride when we got back to my parents place. I saddled up Zan, my parents stud horse, they've had since he was a 2 year old and is such an awesome horse. He's the best horse on the place for kids and anyone not so horse-experienced...funny b/c stud horses aren't very often the type of horse you want to put your kids on. I love this horse, in fact, my dad has said that if I ever move to a place where I can keep a horse, he'd give me Zan to keep at his place...hope we someday have a place like this, before Zan dies.
Shordy is starting to figure out how to ride a horse by himself. I kept by Zan, who followed me as I walked, but Shordy has figured out how to get him to turn, stop, and go...which is so fun for me. What a big boy!
How fun for my kids to go to Nana & Bumpa's to ride horses and play with lots of cousins.
No comments:
Post a Comment