“The submission of one’s will is really the only uniquely personal thing we have to place on God’s altar. The many other things we ‘give’ … are actually the things He has already given or loaned to us.”
~Elder Neal A. Maxwell~

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Hormones

My poor Shayne.

I'm swimming in an overload of hormones right now. We are getting ready to "hopefully" do a FET (frozen embryo transfer) soon. To prepare my body for this, I'm getting three times the amount of estrogen, and a "pregnancy" dose of progesterone. Not a good combination.

As a result, I'm slightly emotional and over reactive. When I get a bit worked up over something fairly petty, Shayne just kinda smiles and nods and agrees with EVERYTHING I say.

Meanwhile, in his head he's repeating his new mantra, "It's just the hormones. It's just the hormones. PLEASE just let it be the hormones."

My poor Shayne.

5 comments:

9 of Us said...

Yes, poor Shayne! We are going to the temple Friday and will definately be praying all goes well.

Karen said...

How exciting!! (Not that a rush of harmones is exciting)but thoughts and prayers for all to go well!

JPHOWARDFAMILY said...

Good Luck!! I am so sorry for you and Shayne. Hormones are hard on all.

Keri said...

Good Luck...I hope everything goes smoothly for you guys.

Soccer Mom said...

Good Luck!!!!