“The submission of one’s will is really the only uniquely personal thing we have to place on God’s altar. The many other things we ‘give’ … are actually the things He has already given or loaned to us.”
~Elder Neal A. Maxwell~

Saturday, August 29, 2009

10 Months!!

Ummm...so today is Lachlan's 11 month birthday, but I realized I still hadn't posted his 10 month photos! And...if you look closely you will see I was 2 days late in taking his 10 month photo. That just shows you how busy our summer has been. In fact, the hand you see in the top pic is of my sister-in-law Ashley. Yup, I took this during the week that my brother Kade and his wife Ashley, and 4 of their friends came to visit. I haven't even gotten to that week yet. But...I had to post how fast our little boy is growing up.

Here's a little info about Lachlan at 10 months:
~He was only 26.5" tall (5%), and 21lbs(25-50%). So...he's average for weight, but b/c he's so dang short he looks like a little brick! :)
~And...no he does not have a huge head, it's in the 25-50% too...I measured it b/c I was starting to get a complex with all the comments from people(yes they actually told me he has a huge head...who does that?!)
~He had finally started "crawling". Which means he was on his hands and one knee while the other leg would stick out straight so he could push off our slick laminate flooring. :)
~Can stand on his own really well, but hadn't taken any steps yet.
~He had been going from crawling to sitting up to pulling up on the couch and other toys for about 2 weeks at this point.
~He started "walking" from toy to toy...if they were close enough and he didn't have to let got of one before grabbing the other.
~Had been camping for about 10 days.
~Been on multiple hikes.
~Had been fishing with dad multiple times.
~Saw a brown bear eating salmon on the Russian River...ok he was technically sleeping when this was happening but still...he was there. (Don't worry, I'll post pics of that soon.)
~Still only had his two bottom teeth.
~Still has red hair, but there's a lot of blond coming in underneath! I'm afraid to cut his hair, b/c I'm afraid I'll cut off his beautiful strawberry red/blond hair. :(
~Loves; cheerios, bananas, cottage cheese(a lot!!), cheese sticks, animal crackers(a lot!!), peas, carrots, sweet potatoes, and any fruit, but not so much green beans...and definitely not beets!
~Still have very happy and pleasant boy.

We love our little bug!!

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Soccer Mom said...

He is so stinkin' cute!!!!

Austin and Maysi said...

He is so cute and I can't believe how much he has changed. I find it interesting and a bit funny that he is wearing a long sleeve shirt in a couple of the pictures I have seen.

Trev "N" Dez said...

He likes peas??? You feed him peas? Thats strange coming from you! He is so cute!

Trish said...

He is SOOOO cute :)

The Casper's said...

I can't believe how much he has grown. What a cutie.