So, this will be a fairly boring post for anyone not interested in fly fishing. However, for Shayne and those he associates with...this will be a fun post. It's pictures of the Grayling we caught on the North Fork of the Chena River. That's it...just the fish.
They are so cool looking though, I couldn't help but post all these pics. They are probably my favorite fish...not just b/c they are so gnarly looking, but b/c they are so dang aggressive when it comes to what they eat. They'll take almost anything off the surface of the water. It's our only chance to fish dry flies here in Alaska, and there's nothing more fun that fishing dry flies, especially for grayling. I love it! So does Shayne, but of course we already knew that! :)
Anyway...these fish have incredible colors on their dorsal and pectoral fins, and have awesome spots throughout their body. They range in colors from turquoise to pink...pretty cool. They aren't the biggest fish in Alaska, but they are fun. Shayne took the pic of the baby Grayling, to show that even the babies have that huge dorsal fin. Shayne caught most of these fish and took the pics himself...I was usually watching a monster back at camp. It's all good though, b/c I caught some nice fish too.
1 comment:
Grayling are cool looking fish, almost pre-historic. I was in Montana a number of years ago and a gent caught some on a high mountain lake. They were smaller but very cool. Nice pics, I wish I lived in AK to fish like that!
Post a Comment